Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Sevenfold Blessing in Psalm 91

This is the seven-fold blessing, found in the last verses of this Psalm:

I will deliver him.
I will set him securely on high.
I will answer him, when he calls upon me.
I will be with him in trouble.
I will rescue him. [Same as the first blessing.]
I will honour him.
I will satisfy him with long life.
I will show him my salvation.


There appear to be three conditions to enjoy this sevenfold blessing.
1. 'Because you have made the Lord, my refuge, even the Most High God, your dwelling place.'
2. 'Because he has loved me'
3. 'Because he has known My name.'

1. Is God your dwelling-place? Remember, He said, 'Abide in Me.'
2. Do you love the Lord more than anything or anyone else in this world? Even with all your heart?
3. Do you know His name? Know God intimately, through tested faith and through experiencing the fellowship of His sufferings, Phil 3.10 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this word. I found it in a google search and copied it to a note on my FaceBook Wall (facebook.com/bumblebee.ellis). I have noted you as the source for the writing. Be blessed. Stay productive!